NOTE: THE SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE FOR THIS OPEN CALL HAS PASSED. THANK-YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
CASRAI is issuing its inaugural annual Open Call to the international research community to support our planning of activities for the coming year.
Structure of the Call
We are calling for submissions of ideas, interest, support and engagement. There are ten (10) separate calls grouped into three (3) categories of CASRAI activities. You may be interested in responding to only one or a few of the calls below - depending on your functional area and interest. Participation is free and open to all those interested in the related topics of reducing undue administrative burden in research and improving access to and quality of research information.
- New standard information agreements - targeted projects aimed at developing glossaries and/or document templates that facilitate simplified information sharing between research stakeholders.
- Standard Glossary and Document Templates for Open Access (UK led)
- Standard Glossary and Document Templates for Research Outputs\Outcomes Reporting (UK led)
- Standard Glossary and Taxonomy for Academic Career Levels (UK led)
- Standard Glossary for Research Data Management (Multi-national led)
- Call for New Standards Proposals from the Community (CA and UK)
- New implementations or demonstrations - showcasing examples of teams and organisations around the world that are implementing CASRAI standards in their software or demonstrations of new tools using the standards.
- New national chapters - seeking interest from research institutions around the world to bring your national perspective and leadership to the mission of tackling the research information sharing issues in a sustainable, internationally integrated approach.
- Submission Period: begins September 23, 2016
- Submission Deadline: October 31, 2016
- Steering Committee Review Period: begins November 1, 2016
- Resulting Standards Activities Announced: December 9, 2016
- Resulting Standards Work Cycles: January 9 to March 31, 2017
- Open Reviews: begin April 3, 2017
How it Works
- CASRAI Steering Committees and the International Secretariat jointly post an open call for submissions related to a set of priority activities (see above) for the coming year;
- Subject experts and other interested parties use a webform to complete short and simple submissions to those activities of interest to them by a specified deadline;
- CASRAI Staff and Steering Committees review and consider submissions as a final step in their consultations before scoping and resourcing activities for the coming year.