You are here
Occupy Impact - Program Topics - Contribute Your Ideas
The Occupy Impact Call for Abstracts is published. We hope you will submit an abstract. Submissions are due Friday, June 29, 2012 at 5 pm EST. You can find the submission form at the conference website: http://reconnect.casrai.org
Also, even if you are not planning to submit an abstract you can still contribute to the program. Tweet (@occupyimpact) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) your ideas for program topics we've missed. We are currently calling for abstracts for papers, presentations and panels touching any of the following topics:
1) What we measure?
- Are we measuring what we value or valuing what we measure? What implications for what we measure?
- How far down the chain of impact/influence should we attempt to measure?
- How do different fields and disciplines differ in impact/influence? What does this mean for determining what we measure?
- Are qualitative indicators of impact/influence measures?
2) How to approach measurement?
- What is a reasonable balance between numbers and narratives?
- To what extent is attribution possible?
- How to frame impact that cannot be measured?
- What do we mean by research without impact?
- What are the behavioral implications of the portfolio of measures currently in use?
3) How to move forward?
- What conditions need to change to move forward?
- What are the most important advances in measurement of impact/ influence to ensure a balanced portfolio?
- How to minimize burden on researchers while achieving measurement objectives?